The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Today there are 2 weeks since my mechanic fixed again the issue that triggered the code 0456... and the CEL is not back anymore, yay! I am not sure what exactly was done but I will ask him when we're gone meet for the next oil change just a few hundred kilometres away :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
disaster strikes!

along with the many things i gained over the holidays, i lost a headlight

here's the culprit himself and his accomplice

now, under new administration, both headlights are working

dare i even say they're brighter than the old ones ☺

now how about the mass evap leak code i've been getting on and off this winter...

looks like that might be the problem

now, once again, everything is at peace in the little world of my van

never knew how dirty my van looked in high definition pictures

·
Super Moderator
23,256 Posts
May peace be with you and your van in the New Year. :)

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
That gas cap doesn't look to be the original... my OEM one doesn't have a key lock and yours is missing the connector to the door...

·
Registered
760 Posts
That gas cap doesn't look to be the original... my OEM one doesn't have a key lock and yours is missing the connector to the door...
yup, the vehicle had gas siphoned out of it once during whatever fuel crisis in the early 2000s when gas was 4 - 5 dollars a gallon

after that it had a keyed one installed

i kept it in the back just in case the world falls apart ☺

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
yup, the vehicle had gas siphoned out of it once during whatever fuel crisis in the early 2000s when gas was 4 - 5 dollars a gallon

after that it had a keyed one installed

i kept it in the back just in case the world falls apart ☺
Wow, I thought that kind of activity would happen in a communist country only, where we could gas up once a month in the 80s :mad: I was doing it just to make sure my tank was totally empty... to maximize the purchase!

·
Super Moderator
23,256 Posts
Does the mass evap. leak code have any connection to the amount of gas in your tank? One problem, that is common, is cracks in the plastic fuel pump flange assembly. You can check that out by filling your gas tank and parking uphill. It will most likely leak gas.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Does the mass evap. leak code have any connection to the amount of gas in your tank? One problem, that is common, is cracks in the plastic fuel pump flange assembly. You can check that out by filling your gas tank and parking uphill. It will most likely leak gas.
if it comes back again when i fill it up tomorrow, then i'd say it does

it's been gone for about two days now and i've been below half a talk for those two days

it was on constantly when the temperature was really low, now it's in the 70s

·
Super Moderator
23,256 Posts
Wow, I thought that kind of activity would happen in a communist country only, where we could gas up once a month in the 80s :mad: I was doing it just to make sure my tank was totally empty... to maximize the purchase!
Thy steal the wheels off of vehicles in the City sometimes. Prop the vehicle up with wood blocks, let the air out of the tires, remove the lug nuts, wheels gone.

Bet you have wheel lock nuts on your vehicle.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
Bet you have wheel lock nuts on your vehicle.
I don't have :) my car is in the garage at all times... it would be almost impossible to steal my wheels without taking it out of the garage...

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
I remember during the 70s people stealing wipers and hubcaps :)

441 - 452 of 452 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.