The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1568 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
If you tow a boat, maybe use nautical miles. :)

The nautical mile (symbol M, NM or nmi) is a unit of length that is about one minute of arc of latitude measured along any meridian, or about one minute of arc of longitude at the equator. By international agreement it has been set at 1,852 metres exactly (about 6,076 feet).

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm still only at 38,700 ...... I have many roads to travel!
Wow you got a practically new van, very rare indeed! May that van lasts you years to come!

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Al this math and metric talk! you guys do know that i'm allergic to math right? and how do you guys rack up your mileage?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
If you tow a boat, maybe use nautical miles. :)
:lol:

Although my van does not have wings, I do operate it from the cockpit, and I live beside the ocean. Should I be using nautical miles? I suppose you could use tactical miles, if your van is a missile. Intercontinental Ballistic Minivan. Nah, more like a SCUD. Sorry.

·
Registered
472 Posts
128,015 miles. Drove it 1245 miles in the 1 year I've owned it. No problems yet, but this minivan is too expensive to drive when my EVIC says 11.6 mpg avg driving in the city of Chicago, which has some of the highest gas prices in the USA [$4.59 to $4.79 for 87 octane now].

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
No problems yet, but this minivan is too expensive to drive when my EVIC says 11.6 mpg avg driving in the city of Chicago, which has some of the highest gas prices in the USA [$4.59 to $4.79 for 87 octane now].
Around $1.28 a liter here today (was over $1.30 last week) = $4.84 / US gallon. Even higher in Europe.

What's your yearly gas bill for your van?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Last year probably 1245 miles / 17 mpg * $4 / gal? I haven't kept receipts, but ever since I discovered the 4th gen has a direct 12V plug to battery it makes me use it less for 11.6 mpg city driving. I can go for a month without driving it, as I mostly use my Civic HX as my main car since it gets about 23 mpg city, - which stinks because in Houston I used to get 44 mpg weekly tanks with it.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So in a few hours the van will have 190,000 kms, yes 190,000 kms or 118,060mi for you Americans. Just 10,000 kms until the big 200,000 kms...the mileage seems to be racking up way to fast. Sadly I won't be in the van when the van flips to 190,000 kms. So whats the CURRENT mileage on your 4th gen now?

This is the mileage on the van right now, parked in the garage.

21 - 40 of 1568 Posts
About this Discussion
1.6K Replies
305 Participants
Finnvoyager
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing