The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1561 - 1581 of 1611 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
365,458 MILES on our 2001 GC Sport.
View attachment 55962
if you want to take a shot at replacing that message center on the dashboard, i have some info on it in this thread:

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,562
Now at 350,000 kms...still going, body starting to show age tho. Currently, I'm trying to figure out intermittent no headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I got a 4th gen from work, of which I have the full maintenance history on it. It's a 2003 Caravan C/V with the 3.3. It was used as the delivery vehicle up till last year. Engine still runs great, some rust between the left sliding door and rear fender, and needs new fluids and a REALLY good cleaning. Here's the kicker: it has 551,000 kms! Needless to say I got it cheap, so whatever use I can get out of it, I'll try my best. Eventually I'll look for a 2005 and newer Grand next year, one with Stow'n'Go so I can go camping with it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hey, first post here. 42K miles on my 2005 T&C. Bought it brand new when I lived in the US back in 2005, imported the car to Finland in 2009. I've barely driven the car since then.
what did the import require? did you have to convert your vehicle lighting to european standards?

·
Registered
17 Posts
what did the import require? did you have to convert your vehicle lighting to european standards?
Yes, although I never did, because I didn't register the car here back then. I had no use for it but since it was a tax free import I wasn't allowed to sell it either. Fortunately the laws changed since then and now the process is more relaxed. As long as the car met USDOT and CARB requirements at the time it was first registered in the States, it is considered street legal over here as well. T&C has always been 50-state legal, so that is not an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's a pretty low mileage. My 2005 T&C Touring currently is just under 75,000 miles. It was a good deal when we bought it back in 2008. My Parents were old and I was my Dads primary Caregiver. (Parkinson's Disease made worse by a quadruple bypass surgery) By the time my Dad passed, my Mom needed my help as well. We only used the Van to go to doctors appts and that's why my mileage is low. Its a good driver and I'd be foolish to sell it. I recently added a trailer hitch and a hitch mounted bike rack for my 2 ebikes. I've put more miles on my ebikes that I have on my T&C ! ;):cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, first post here. 42K miles on my 2005 T&C. Bought it brand new when I lived in the US back in 2005, imported the car to Finland in 2009. I've barely driven the car since then.
Hi, It's my first post as well ! That's a pretty low mileage. My 2005 T&C Touring currently is just under 75,000 miles. It was a good deal when we bought it back in 2008. My Parents were old and I was my Dads primary Caregiver. (Parkinson's Disease made worse by a quadruple bypass surgery) By the time my Dad passed, my Mom needed my help as well. We only used the Van to go to doctors appts and that's why my mileage is low. Its a good driver and I'd be foolish to sell it. I recently added a trailer hitch and a hitch mounted bike rack for my 2 ebikes. I've put more miles on my ebikes that I have on my T&C ! ;):cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, It's my first post as well ! That's a pretty low mileage. My 2005 T&C Touring currently is just under 75,000 miles. It was a good deal when we bought it back in 2008. My Parents were old and I was my Dads primary Caregiver. (Parkinson's Disease made worse by a quadruple bypass surgery) By the time my Dad passed, my Mom needed my help as well. We only used the Van to go to doctors appts and that's why my mileage is low. Its a good driver and I'd be foolish to sell it. I recently added a trailer hitch and a hitch mounted bike rack for my 2 ebikes. I've put more miles on my ebikes that I have on my T&C ! ;):cool:
Where do you live? Lol, back in the day I thought I got a good deal when I bought my T&C. I found the old paperwork, it seems that I paid $28301.85 OTD, tax and everything included back in March 2005. It wasn't a bad deal. Over here in Finland the same car would have cost me >75K at the time because of our insane taxes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where do you live? Lol, back in the day I thought I got a good deal when I bought my T&C. I found the old paperwork, it seems that I paid $28301.85 OTD, tax and everything included back in March 2005. It wasn't a bad deal. Over here in Finland the same car would have cost me >75K at the time because of our insane taxes.
I live in Muscle Shoals , Alabama. Google it ! We're quite proud of our little "River city". I remember seeing the the paperwork after my Dad passed away. It was a shade over $17,000 and I believe it was just 2 years old and very low miles at the time. Now that it's almost 15 years old, it isn't worth nearly as much. In fact, I doubt I could get enough from selling it to make a decent down payment on a new car. I'm having some brake issues and I have an open question/post in another area of this forum. Don't misunderstand me...I love my T&C. It drives as nice as any car I've owned. I keep all my seats under the floor unless I need them. Very roomy and a great grocery getter!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow can't believe the van is at 180,000 Kms now.Only 20,000 kms to go until the big 200,000 kms. Seems just like yesterday I bought the van. Is their any thing that I should be on a look out for at this point?

Also whats the current mileage on your 4th gen?

2005 T&C 3.3 currently at 126,000 miles and lots of problems! :(

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
01 DGC EX will hit 270K on the way to work tonight. I had my first brake down a few weeks ago while driving in a bad thunderstorm on the highway. Lost all power to engine and she would crank but wouldn't start. Codes P1684, P0340, Po320 and P1391. Had to get a tow home. She started right up the next day and no more codes, so I suspected water got on some connectors or something. I put some dielectric grease on all the connectors under the fuse box and PCM connectors. Outside of that, she's been really reliable. Can't wait to hit 300K.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2008 with about 120.000 miles on it and IT LOOKS AS BAD RUST WISE AS ALL THE OTHERS I SEE -- RUST IS A KILLER ON THESE - - CHRYSLER SURE DID A P . P. JOB OF DESIGN OF THE BODIES ...... LOOK at OTHERS OR I COULD POST PIX FROM MN...
NEVER AGAIN - .. I HAD THOUGHT I'D GET A NEW ONE - BUT NO AFTER THE RUST ..
John in MN.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2008 with about 120.000 miles on it and IT LOOKS AS BAD RUST WISE AS ALL THE OTHERS I SEE -- RUST IS A KILLER ON THESE - - CHRYSLER SURE DID A P . P. JOB OF DESIGN OF THE BODIES ...... LOOK at OTHERS OR I COULD POST PIX FROM MN...
NEVER AGAIN - .. I HAD THOUGHT I'D GET A NEW ONE - BUT NO AFTER THE RUST ..
John in MN.
Weird, I've got little to no rust on my '01. I wonder if it was just an issue with newer models or more to do with location? Mines been driven exclusively in the south eastern US.

1561 - 1581 of 1611 Posts