The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
501 - 520 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the 3rd and 4th generations have a thread about mileage, and I just hit a milestone on my 2009, I decided to start this thread for 5th generation owners.

I hope the "High Milers Club" still exist, I want to get the 200,000 mile license plate frame.

206,767 on my 2008 Grand Caravan SXT. We’ve kept the maintenance up on it it’s been a very good dependable Toddler Taxi!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Grand Caravan SE Plus. Has 2nd row stow and go and preferred option package 29Q and DVD player. Has cloth seats which is perfect for my wife and me. Was private one owner with 42000 miles, was babied and garaged, looks brand new.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Now I need to unload the old 2005 SXT. May keep it as a beach and work van for hauling lumber from Home Depot for my wood working business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats to you! I have the same '15 T&C and I love it. Have 72k on mine. when i first got it, did a bunch of long range trips. It's really in its element there. You'll love it.

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler T&C Touring L 37,300 miles (Brilliant Black w/Black Leather)
14 Posts
just bought my 2015 Chrysler T&C last month - 82000 miles. I plan to do a lot of car vacations in the future....
Congratulations old dog. May you have many smooth cruises down the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since the 3rd and 4th generations have a thread about mileage, and I just hit a milestone on my 2009, I decided to start this thread for 5th generation owners.

I hope the "High Milers Club" still exist, I want to get the 200,000 mile license plate frame.

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 L with 268806 miles C/V trim, but having random limp mode issues for 5 years. No one can figure out the cause. Thunderbay Dodge could not find the issue, and Criswell Chrysler Dodge as well. Factors that seem to cause the limp mode: Ambient air above 70 degrees F. and engine temp is normal, from a stop position to a normal acceleration the van goes into limp mode with 3 lights on the dash: Check engine, Volt light, and Traction control light. If the outside air is below 70 degrees F., it Never goes into limp mode. Also, there are NO codes found EVER... Replaced: entire throttle body and sensor, acceleration position sensor(gas peddle), charcoal canister, camshaft position sensor, crankshaft sensor, PCM $600, TCM $200, spark plugs, plug wires, PCV valve, EGR valve, transmission input sensor, transmission output sensor, wire harnessed for camshaft position sensor, and no the transmission is not low on fluid. It runs perfect until it gets 70 degrees or higher outside. In addition all sensors have been relearned. So, anyone have an issue like this?

·
Registered
239 Posts
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 L with 268806 miles C/V trim, but having random limp mode issues for 5 years. No one can figure out the cause. Thunderbay Dodge could not find the issue, and Criswell Chrysler Dodge as well. Factors that seem to cause the limp mode: Ambient air above 70 degrees F. and engine temp is normal, from a stop position to a normal acceleration the van goes into limp mode with 3 lights on the dash: Check engine, Volt light, and Traction control light. If the outside air is below 70 degrees F., it Never goes into limp mode. Also, there are NO codes found EVER... Replaced: entire throttle body and sensor, acceleration position sensor(gas peddle), charcoal canister, camshaft position sensor, crankshaft sensor, PCM $600, TCM $200, spark plugs, plug wires, PCV valve, EGR valve, transmission input sensor, transmission output sensor, wire harnessed for camshaft position sensor, and no the transmission is not low on fluid. It runs perfect until it gets 70 degrees or higher outside. In addition all sensors have been relearned. So, anyone have an issue like this?
Follow the wires from transmission to the engine. There is a metal bracket that holds the wires in place that will cause the wires to skin and under some conditions like ac being worked it will short causing limp mode. Have seen it cause codes and not cause codes. It will get worse.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got back from a big road trip in our 2015 T&C. Hit 150,000 miles on the way up. I'm at 153,000 miles today. Have been looking at selling it and getting a new Pacifica but it did so well that I may just keep it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It appears these 5th Generation vans hold their alignments.
I single out 5th Gen. only because it's what my friend bought. OK bearings and axles too.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
749 Posts
Our '09 GC turned 180k miles last week.

·
Registered
2008 DGCsxt
9 Posts
Mileage driven by the previous owner (before putting it in drydock and sailing in an '18): 355,878
Miles driven by me in a parking lot to deglaze rotors, burn old gas, and charge the batt/test the alternator: 000,001.
Total miles: 355,879

Shooting for 500k, this is the dash after recharging the battery:

501 - 520 of 544 Posts