The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
521 - 540 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! Many greetings from Norway for all the members! I'm quite new here! Last summer I bought Chrysler Grand Voyager 2008.(5.generation) stow n go. I liked this car because of the space inside and the back seats that go down in the floor. The car was made in Daimler-Chrysler corporation at that time and the engine is 2,8 diesel from Fiat Ducato(4 cilinder in line with timing belt) with 163hp.Not so powerful like V6 gasoline but it has very good torq moment. I bought it in quite bad condition and than I changed a lot of things to make it better! And I am still trying to fix some problems with electric and electronic so I hope I will find some help on this forum.There are not so many cars like this here in Norway and some younger American models with V6 gasoline motor cost like apartment!
Anyway my Chrysler has arround 282 000 km and the engine still works very nice.Starts fine on winter,no smoke from exaust, doesn'n use any oil or coolant.I think this engine can go very much because I've seen many Fiat Ducato from delivery that have 1 milion km and more. Now we have some plans for vacation and it should be min 5000km!
It is a bit problem with the parts in Europe generaly,and if you order something from USA the postage can be more expensive than the part! Here in Europe from 2012. we have this same car with Lancia logo(Lancia Voyager) and I even saw same car with Volkswagen logo(Volkswagen Roukan).

·
Vendor
1,603 Posts
Hi! Many greetings from Norway for all the members! I'm quite new here! Last summer I bought Chrysler Grand Voyager 2008.(5.generation) stow n go. I liked this car because of the space inside and the back seats that go down in the floor. The car was made in Daimler-Chrysler corporation at that time and the engine is 2,8 diesel from Fiat Ducato(4 cilinder in line with timing belt) with 163hp.Not so powerful like V6 gasoline but it has very good torq moment. I bought it in quite bad condition and than I changed a lot of things to make it better! And I am still trying to fix some problems with electric and electronic so I hope I will find some help on this forum.There are not so many cars like this here in Norway and some younger American models with V6 gasoline motor cost like apartment!
Anyway my Chrysler has arround 282 000 km and the engine still works very nice.Starts fine on winter,no smoke from exaust, doesn'n use any oil or coolant.I think this engine can go very much because I've seen many Fiat Ducato from delivery that have 1 milion km and more. Now we have some plans for vacation and it should be min 5000km!
It is a bit problem with the parts in Europe generaly,and if you order something from USA the postage can be more expensive than the part! Here in Europe from 2012. we have this same car with Lancia logo(Lancia Voyager) and I even saw same car with Volkswagen logo(Volkswagen Roukan).
I had a VW Routan for about 3 years here in Iowa. Now I have a 2014 T&C that just turned 89000 miles.

Do you need to use DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) in Europe? DEF has ruined the efficiency of diesels and made them less desirable in the States. We don’t have a diesel option for the vans, but all diesels require DEF in all other vehicles.

Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeepman

·
Super Moderator
27,888 Posts
New to group, just purchased 2013 T & C touring L. 103,000 Hope to be able to take some camping trips with her.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Super Moderator
27,888 Posts
Hi! Many greetings from Norway for all the members! I'm quite new here! Last summer I bought Chrysler Grand Voyager 2008.(5.generation) stow n go. I liked this car because of the space inside and the back seats that go down in the floor.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a VW Routan for about 3 years here in Iowa. Now I have a 2014 T&C that just turned 89000 miles.

Do you need to use DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) in Europe? DEF has ruined the efficiency of diesels and made them less desirable in the States. We don’t have a diesel option for the vans, but all diesels require DEF in all other vehicles.

Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. My Voyager is 2008. and it had DPF filter in the exaust but there is no liquid to use. Only younger cars use the Ad-blue liquid that helps with the environment norms but it has also a lot of problems,expesualy in the winter because it freezes under -15 so the pipes need to have a heater...
This DPF filter on my Voyager has automatic regeneration process and it still works after 282 000km, I saw on diagnostic that it had 405 successful regeneration! :)
But when you take it off(dpf) and chip the engine with new maps in ECU you can get 200-250hp and a huge moment...but then you see the smoke also! And maybe have some problem on EU control...

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
749 Posts
New to group, just purchased 2013 T & C touring L. 103,000 Hope to be able to take some camping trips with her. View attachment 62885
Welcome to the forum! We haven't camped in our van, but we've taken it on camping trips with my son's Boy Scout troop. Plenty of room to bring everything we needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have always had a pickup. Just bought my very first mini van. 2010 t&c 171k. If I like having a van instead of a pickup will up grade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exactly!

I never change ATF on any of my vehicles, went well over 500,000 miles on some, never had a transmission problem (other than involved on an accident).

The way I see it, those who remove transmission pan are more prone to have transmission problems than those who never remove transmission pan.
I feel the same way every friend I have has changed trans fluid has had issues up the road me I never change the trans fluid and have never had tranny problems , know my 2008 Chrysler t&c has 72000 miles and is a nightmare from **** Everytime you fix one thing something else brakes and wife only drives like 25 miles week but believe 1st owner was super hard on it 2nd owner kept for not long(DMV showed they own for like 2 days) didn't find that out till about a year after I had the car but all the noises it had when we first bought it from the dealership and they just got worse over time there's a bar in the rear end inside the floating frame this has has a weld on each side once those welds brake it's impossible to get in there and reweld them so you need a new rear end after doing that I still have noise in the back of the car so I did shock struts brakes springs trailing arm bushings new bolts new hardware and it still makes noise in the back of the car underneath have you heard of any such thing???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just turned over 150,000 miles on my 2012 GC SXT a week ago. Now it's nearly 150,800 after a work trip from Austin to Houston and thereabouts and back. I just recently replaced rt intake camshaft, those 6 rockers, and 4 lifters, and new spark plugs and I'm driving a healthy vehicle (knocking on fake wood trim). I may be taking a 2,000 mile trip back north to Spokane soon so the work trip was a good test. After that I might try it again with a cargo trailer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty awesome seeing some of these go past 200k. For everyone with T&Cs around 130k+ miles, did you ever replace your transmission fluid? I'm getting mixed signals on whether I should even bother touching mine (currently am at around 135k miles on a 2008). Also, does anyone know how many milimeters up the dipstick your transmission fluid should be when cold? (62te).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, at around 200,000 I took my Town and country, and had dealer change transmission fluid and filter, as for measurements on dipstick, my Town and country did not come with a dipstick, I purchased one online, I forget the dormant part number, I'm sure there is a thread post on here that will tell you the part number and measurement,

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 85,000 km, on my 2014. But speaking of high mileage, there is someone, who goes to the same mechanic, as I, who has 520,000 km, on a 2008 Caravan.
I parked a 2007 3.3 Grand Caravan with just over 409,000 miles; only because it totally rusted out; didn’t even burn a quart of oil in 5-6000 miles between oil changes. Hated to see that on go. Has another 2000 with similar issues that went over 420,000

521 - 540 of 544 Posts