The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
621 - 636 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I’ll play on this 6-yr old thread. 122k on my 08’. I just got done ( like 10 min ago) putting a new radiator, hoses, and thermostat in it. Lifetime power train warranty owner here. Water pump is covered in that but it’s fine, for now.
How much are you paying per month?

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
All 08’ and 09’ 5th gens came with it, so paying nothing. Mine is still in effect since I’m the original owner and have kept up with 5-yr inspections.
This does not sound like Chrysler... is this fake news? 🤪

I guess they did it because, being a brand new generation of the van, they expected a lot of issues... it was easier than getting sued by angry customers... I am not sure that it was offered in Canada too... where it is easier to get away with it than in the US. Lifetime warranty???? Really?

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
953 Posts
Our '09 GC had the lifetime warranty, although I think we only used it once or twice. My parent's van that we now own also has the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just purchased a 2012 Chrysler Town & Country with 168000+ miles on it now. It replaces the 2003 Chrysler Voyager I had been driving that had 331976 miles when it was totaled the first part of July. My wife is driving the T&C and I am now driving my dad's car that she had been driving before mine was totaled - a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, also with 168000+ miles.

Neal

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I change ATF fluid & filter every 30,000 miles.
Why do you waste your money? Even heavy conditions driving don't ask for this :(

·
Registered
906 Posts
Why do you waste your money? Even heavy conditions driving don't ask for this :(
Some of us would rather maintain our vehicles properly and keep them 2-3-400k miles than be replacing transmissions every 80k......

We drive all of ours hard, they all get the fluid/filter changed at 30-50k intervals.
One's over 500k miles, one's over 450k miles, one's over 400k miles, and my 18 is pushing 100k. Oddly enough, none have ever had any transmission issues and still shift perfectly.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Some of us would rather maintain our vehicles properly and keep them 2-3-400k miles than be replacing transmissions every 80k......

We drive all of ours hard, they all get the fluid/filter changed at 30-50k intervals.
One's over 500k miles, one's over 450k miles, one's over 400k miles, and my 18 is pushing 100k. Oddly enough, none have ever had any transmission issues and still shift perfectly.
Well, the wise Mr. Chrysler says in the manual of 2016 to change it every 60k if you are Police, Fleet, Taxi or frequent towing and every 120k otherwise...
The manual for the 4th Generation said there is no need at all for regular usage... I don't remember how frequent under severe duty but it was not 30 to 50k.

My first van (1988) had initially 198k miles and I changed it because I did not have any clue about what happened during the first 13 years of use... never had any transmission issues until it was gone at 270k miles.
The second van had initially 74k miles and I changed the fluid after 100k miles just because it had a leak and when I replaced the gasket I took advantage of the event... fluid was totally clean... never had an issue until it was gone at 186k miles
The present van has 75k miles and I don't have any intention to change it soon :)
Anyway, no damage to change it every 30k but in my opinion it is a waste of money.

·
Registered
906 Posts
@Miron
It's fine that simple maintenance that those who keep these vans long term know is too much for you. I'm sorry other people being diligent on maintenance and spending $70 offends you so.

I did not hear anyone replacing transmission EVERY 80k!
Have you been living under a rock? People bitching about needing a transmission at 60-80k on these is all over this site, to the point it's disgusting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I didn’t see anyone getting offended. Miron just rightfully so stated that there is no need to change out the fluid every 30k. It is some others that get offended when someone states the truth.:)

Really I couldn't care less if someone needless changes their 3.6 engine timing belt at every oil change. Or needless puts on new tires each time they reach 20k. Or swaps out the serpentine belt each time they fill up the gas tank. Free to do so but please don’t get upset if someone points out that it is an unnecessary waste of money.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Well, some people do not accept that someone else might have a different experience and/or opinion than theirs and they feel it is acceptable to become rude... and to insult them!

Please excuse me, I'll go back under my rock... good luck everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: Long_Voyager94
621 - 636 of 636 Posts