The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
641 - 660 of 693 Posts

· Registered
7,744 Posts
96 Ford Aerostar with 102,000miles on it and it's still rolling down the road :)
Is it still rolling up the road? 😃 It is still young at heart...

· Registered
6 Posts
Hello! This is my first day here and lemme just blow y'alls minds for a sec.

2013 Town & Country
Originally an Enterprise car with 18111 miles
Financed at a dealership and purchased the ADDED CARE PLUS LIFETIME WARRANTY at the same time. Best thing i ever did.
Currently have 407,581 miles on it. Original engine, original transmission!!
Yep you read that right Over 400k!

That said she is struggling a bit right now and needs some things and it's extremely hard to get her in for appts. So I'm here to figure out to fix her myself! 🥰

· Registered
18 Posts
Mine has 13,422 miles. Here's the story:

We loved our 2016 TC touring, but after 120k miles replaced it a year ago with an awd 2021 Pacifica that we never warmed up to. (Mostly just hate the infuriating touchscreen controls.)

Anyway, a few days ago I found and bought a 2015 TC limited that only had 13,422 miles, love it! Was at Chevy dealer in Cleveland, three hours from me.

It still has the original tires (with good tread, but 7 years old) and battery. I just ordered 235/65-17 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires- really like those - and will certainly preemptively install a new battery before winter.

(Will sell the Pacifica in a week or so after getting the cracked windshield replaced.)

· Registered
6 Posts
Mine has 13,422 miles. Here's the story:

We loved our 2016 TC touring, but after 120k miles replaced it a year ago with an awd 2021 Pacifica that we never warmed up to. (Mostly just hate the infuriating touchscreen controls.)

Anyway, a few days ago I found and bought a 2015 TC limited that only had 13,422 miles, love it! Was at Chevy dealer in Cleveland, three hours from me.

It still has the original tires (with good tread, but 7 years old) and battery. I just ordered 235/65-17 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires- really like those - and will certainly preemptively install a new battery before winter.

(Will sell the Pacifica in a week or so after getting the cracked windshield replaced.)
Good perspective on the Pacifica. Also how's the cargo space on those comparatively? I've been hesitant to try out a Pacifica for that reason. I'm still deciding if i should get a second car and just keep fixing my 2013 🤪

· Registered
18 Posts
I guess it's about the same size, but just feels fancier and less utilitarian. But really, we both hated the touchscreen so much it really didn't matter how nice the rest of the car was.

I added a $99 device so the car would remember that I didn't want it to turn the engine off at every stop light, but that wasn't enough.

We just like the T&C better.

One idea for you would be to test drive a Pacifica- a used one would be fine for that - and see what you think.

Before we bought the Pacifica we drove the 35 mpg Sienna, but the middle seats don't fold into the floor, and you can't remove them either, which really reduces the utility of the van.

· Registered
6 Posts
I guess it's about the same size, but just feels fancier and less utilitarian. But really, we both hated the touchscreen so much it really didn't matter how nice the rest of the car was.

I added a $99 device so the car would remember that I didn't want it to turn the engine off at every stop light, but that wasn't enough.

We just like the T&C better.

One idea for you would be to test drive a Pacifica- a used one would be fine for that - and see what you think.

Before we bought the Pacifica we drove the 35 mpg Sienna, but the middle seats don't fold into the floor, and you can't remove them either, which really reduces the utility of the van.
Oh wow did not know that about the Sienna! Also good to know! Yeah I've been so frkn spoiled with the T&C. Seriously it's the best! Only two things i don't like about it are the weird overhead compartments that have terrible latches and pop open after ppl get out of the back seat. (Which was 20 times a day when i was driving Uber, to the point i duck taped them closed!! Lol) AND the unfortunately uneven floor so it's hard to sleep in it when i go camping. My fix for that is to bring my old twin mattress/box spring along. 🤷‍♀️🙃

· Registered
2014 Town & Country
350 Posts
….Also how's the cargo space on those comparatively? I've been hesitant to try out a Pacifica for that reason. I'm still deciding if i should get a second car and just keep fixing my 2013 🤪
We rented a “new” (less than 10k miles) Pacifica Hybrid for a week while on vacation in Florida this past summer. We spent a goodly amount of time in the van - putting ~500 miles on it.

We thought it was a more comfortable and luxurious compared to our ‘14 T&C. The front seats were definitely better than our T&C’s ever were.

I agree with @Centerpunch regarding the touch screen. There were many elements of it that weren’t particularly intuitive. By week’s end we figured out most things but it would take time with the owners manual to really get a handle on it.

Based on our week with the Pacifica we’d probably buy one but it wasn’t similar enough to our T&C to just go with a Pacifica - it felt like a different vehicle. We’d likely shop around to see what was available elsewhere. That said, stow-n-go is an important feature for my wife. She treats that thing like a truck.

Since we only have 1-2 kids at home now, I’ve literally talked to her about getting a truck when she wants to replace the T&C.

· Registered
6 Posts
We rented a “new” (less than 10k miles) Pacifica Hybrid for a week while on vacation in Florida this past summer. We spent a goodly amount of time in the van - putting ~500 miles on it.

We thought it was a more comfortable and luxurious compared to our ‘14 T&C. The front seats were definitely better than our T&C’s ever were.

I agree with @Centerpunch regarding the touch screen. There were many elements of it that weren’t particularly intuitive. By week’s end we figured out most things but it would take time with the owners manual to really get a handle on it.

Based on our week with the Pacifica we’d probably buy one but it wasn’t similar enough to our T&C to just go with a Pacifica - it felt like a different vehicle. We’d likely shop around to see what was available elsewhere. That said, stow-n-go is an important feature for my wife. She treats that thing like a truck.

Since we only have 1-2 kids at home now, I’ve literally talked to her about getting a truck when she wants to replace the T&C.

Stow n Go is so crucial!! I almost never have all my seats up! Mine is also a truck/race car 🤪🤣🤣🤣
Interesting about the fronts seats as i generally love my T&C's power driver seat. I never ride shotgun in my van tho so no idea about the passenger side. Lol

· Registered
19 Posts
Since the 3rd and 4th generations have a thread about mileage, and I just hit a milestone on my 2009, I decided to start this thread for 5th generation owners.

I hope the "High Milers Club" still exist, I want to get the 200,000 mile license plate frame.

143,000 miles on my 2012 T&C. I bought the van in 2018 at 97,000 miles, and I drove the van from Florida to New York and back about six times.

· Registered
163 Posts
162k. I finally got my wife to cave in so I could get a minivan, it only took ~25 years :devilish: A few weeks ago I picked up a '15 DGC with the AVP package with 157k that needed all of the deferred maintenance done so the price was (sort of) acceptable considering the disaster of a used car market we're dealing with right now. It took me almost 2 months to find one that wasn't a rust bucket, I'm over buying rust, and scored huge in that aspect.

It has some foibles, dings, dents and gremlins but I think I can work through most of them myself as long as the engine and transmission don't retire prematurely. I hope so anyway 🥴 If anyone who's mechanically savvy and knows their way around these things lives in the NY Metro area/western CT and wants to teach me some stuff I'd love to meet you.

· Registered
08 Chrysler town and country
3 Posts
ole girl has 191,000 on her, Ive recently read somewhere, google i think that a town n country will last aprox. 200,00 miles. then. At 200,001 BOOM!!!!....... nothing. nothing happens. i call BULLSHIT, i will get 400,000 + out of it! well, not that much but i think the prediction of 200 thousand miles being the life ending mileage of any year of these vehicles is wrong as long as its kept up on, taken care of and i suppose a garage would help. but most any car can go way past 200,000 as long as its not beat and taken care of...

· Registered
46 Posts
2011, bought 2.5 years ago for only 3k at 140k, now sits at156k. Nothing major but a bunch of small items went belly up. Prior owner was a liberal with zero clue in tech, didn't care to maintain the car, hence the low price.

I do everything myself, here my current service history:

141000 Oil and oil filter
141000 Engine air filter
141000 Cabin air filter
141000 Front and rear break pads
141000 Changed trans fluid and filter
141500 Replaced right sliding door lock actuator
141500 Replaced heater blower
141500 Belt Tensioner
141500 Serpentine belt
141500 Flushed coolant

142500 New alternator

143000 Replaced PVC Valve and hose

145000 Oil and oil filter change

148000 Replaced upper intake manifold and seals
148000 Replaced temp sensor
148000 Replaced coils, cleaned and tested injectors
149000 Changed trans fluid and filter
149500 Replaced both upstream O2 sensors

150300 Oil and oil filter change

151000 Replaced Driver side window switch module

155000 New tires

156000 Replaced radiator and lower hose, new coolant
156000 Replaced both knock sensors
156000 Oil and oil filter change
156500 New front break pads (semi metallic)
156500 Flushed break fluid
156500 New oil cooler / oil pressure sensor / temp sensor

· Registered
7,744 Posts
2011, bought 2.5 years ago for only 3k at 140k, now sits at156k. Nothing major but a bunch of small items went belly up. Prior owner was a liberal with zero clue in tech, didn't care to maintain the car, hence the low price.

I do everything myself, here my current service history:

141000 Oil and oil filter
141000 Engine air filter
141000 Cabin air filter
141000 Front and rear brake pads
141000 Changed trans fluid and filter
141500 Replaced right sliding door lock actuator
141500 Replaced heater blower
141500 Belt Tensioner
141500 Serpentine belt
141500 Flushed coolant

142500 New alternator

143000 Replaced PVC Valve and hose

145000 Oil and oil filter change

148000 Replaced upper intake manifold and seals
148000 Replaced temp sensor
148000 Replaced coils, cleaned and tested injectors
149000 Changed trans fluid and filter
149500 Replaced both upstream O2 sensors

150300 Oil and oil filter change

151000 Replaced Driver side window switch module

155000 New tires

156000 Replaced radiator and lower hose, new coolant
156000 Replaced both knock sensors
156000 Oil and oil filter change
156500 New front brake pads (semi metallic)
156500 Flushed brake fluid I don
156500 New oil cooler / oil pressure sensor / temp sensor
I do not see any of the parts you replaced was caused by lack of maintenance.
Why would you change trans fluid and filter after 9,000 miles? and the brake pads after 15,000 miles?

641 - 660 of 693 Posts