The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
681 - 693 of 693 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
UPDATE: ::TRIGGER WARNING::
. Just the transmission will cost OVER $7k ...But at least i have the 7k to work with. I guess. 🤷‍♀️🙄
I asked my regular mechanic and he said he could put a used tranny in with a guarantee for $3k or less. You could also wait for a snowstorm then find one that was rear ended and buy the whole thing as a parts car, I see them for $2k or so and I'm on the lookout for one by me.

· Registered
269 Posts
Hi, a Chrysler Town and country 2011 is for sale near where I live. They are asking 6800 for it. With about 140,00 miles. Should I go for it or just check the Carfax?. I've heard this engine has some issues with cylinder heads? As pre buy check, should I just take a look at it look by looking at the coolant liquid in radiator if it has the conventional cap as older models and make sure no sweet smells are present, , check the oil dipstick, check the oil cap for any excessive condensation, check the exhaust pipe for any excessive carbon soot? I know I probably need to check for more but I just want to get y'all's opinion or comments. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
30,425 Posts
Get a Mechanic to check it out.

Unless you can get the complete story on the 2011, I would stay away from it and go for something newer like a 2015+.

· Super Moderator
30,425 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: gravitylover
681 - 693 of 693 Posts