The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
177 Posts
Rust is the wildcard. An easy process can take days, and multiple tools to get over simple humps. Broken bolts or stuck hubs can arrest an easy job. Without Air tools, it is a bear.

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
177 Posts
Doing anything without airtools is a bear. Just replaced a rear driver side shock. It was a bitch to get the bolts off - there's not room at the upper bracket next to the brake lines to get a wrench on the inner nut. I had to take the top bracket off (all 4 bolts were rusty tight on every turn) to reach both ends of the top fastener , then struggled to get the 2 bolts holding the shock itself- also tight as ****.
What should have been a simple job (6 bolts) took me 3 hours. For ONE shock. Damn rust.

One thing about bolts is they have threads. The upper 4 bracket bolts each started to loosen then got tighter and tighter as they were turned. The last thing I wanted was to twist a bolt off, or ruin the thread in the metal-- there is NO space to work for a broken bolt or thread. Lots of quarter turns in each almost endless, 2 in bolt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts