The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know What is the best swap out for tire and wheels. In other words what’s the biggest I can go without the car looking stupid and increasing performance. I am looking for A factory set that might be an improvement.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello Frankie:
We aren't mind readers :unsure: Each post should include model/year .. and the term "best" is very subjective. What's best for you may not be best for me ....

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,038 Posts
Does anyone know What is the best swap out for tire and wheels. In other words what’s the biggest I can go without the car looking stupid and increasing performance. I am looking for A factory set that might be an improvement.

We don't need to be mind readers if you posted in the correct section.

Anything bigger than OE on a 5Gen. 2013+ minivan looks stupid to me. See pictures of what others did so you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assumed incorrectly that it would be clear since gen 5 are all about the same, I apologize. It’s a 2008. It’s beach car. I have replaced all the mechanical on it now I’m just trying to improve it. I bought it with 1700000 the only thing I haven’t changed is the motor itself. It’s a 200 mile drive back and forth this is the perfect vehicle for it I can carry 20 sheet of plywood in the morning and seven people to dinner at night and tow a boat.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,038 Posts
Best factory set would be a 2013 + 17" set.

Then, you can improve your brake system by installing O.E. (2013+) HD brakes.

·
Super Moderator
1,926 Posts
...I bought it with 1700000 the only thing I haven’t changed is the motor itself...
1.7 million miles, I'm impressed, that's the highest mileage I've heard about on one one these vans.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,038 Posts
1.7 million miles, I'm impressed, that's the highest mileage I've heard about on one one these vans.

Whait a minute, that's not the actual mileage, that is the mileage when he bought it 10 years ago, then he's been driven it 200 miles a day since then.

Do the math. 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PS I didn’t think people who owned minivans would be such A.....I thought it would be a friendly place where adults could help each other out without sarcasm or judgement. Many thanks if you replied with information

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
184 Posts
My fifth gen Town and Country came with 17 inch wheels, my neighbor'f fifth gen Grand Caravan came with 15 inch wheels.

I'm personally not a huge fan of very tall rims with very thin sidewall tires. 17 inch wheels look pretty good though.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I asked for opinions on wheels a few years ago and people seemed mad at me for not wanting steelies. Even though my van came with 17" alloys to begin with.

But to help with a very subjective topic, can you post links or pics of what you might have in mind?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,038 Posts
PS I didn’t think people who owned minivans would be such A.....I thought it would be a friendly place where adults could help each other out without sarcasm or judgement. Many thanks if you replied with information
We like to joke around, if you don't like then....

And you didn't answered my question.

Anyways, if you don't have 17" wheels, then you haven't really upgraded. I don't call slotted rotors an upgrade, really unless together with H.D. double piston calipers. H.D. brakes doesn't work with 16" wheels.

·
Registered
510 Posts
PS I didn’t think people who owned minivans would be such A.....I thought it would be a friendly place where adults could help each other out without sarcasm or judgement
That's Levy for ya. If you hang around long enough, you'll get used to it.

As for your question, Levy answered it in post #6. Unless you want to deal with spacers and such to get your alignment right, stock 17" wheels are your best bet. I did a rather lengthy search a few months back and couldn't find any aftermarket exact-fit wheels. I don't want to do any jank crap like spacers since I push my van super hard at times, so I'll be getting some stock 17"s soon.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
184 Posts
I actually think the stock 17 inch wheels look great. I can't say that for very nearly all the vans I've owned over the last forty-one years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you go to the Tire Rack website and put in your vehicle information you can see what your van would look like with wheels you select. The site also matches tires to wheels for the appropriate performance specs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts