The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
Put any 4' X 8' sheets of plywood in it yet? I remember having 6 sheets of OBS board in a 4th Generation. Using both the roof and cabin I carried enough 10" pine clap board siding to build an 8' X 12' shed. Had an old 1995 shotty loaded down with sod left over from the sodding fields once. It was heavy.
Yes, who needs a truck?

·
Vendor
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, but I’ve haul 30 bags of mulch. One year the annual branch dump was inside the van! I’ve hauled lots of trim and also boxes of Pergo Flooring.
When we moved to our current house, the vast majority of stuff was moved in our 2012 and 2002 vans, since I had both then.

Reactions: Jeepman

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
No pictures of it, but I've had a 4x8 trailer loaded above the roof, interior filled, and 3 mattresses on the roof rack before. I'm certain I was over capacity. Trailer was rated for 1,200 lbs and I bent its axle that trip. :p I've since upgraded the axle to 2,000 lbs. I figure the tongue will snap before that bends.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Towing a 1996 Bayliner 1650 with 115 Johnson OB with my 2017 DGC. Yes. They make a good pair... smiles..

Note: Any loaded trailer > 2,000 lbs behind my DGC has its own full electric brakes. Must have in my books.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts