Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,109 Posts
Yep. Don't dodge, ram.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and Jeepman

·
Super Moderator
27,888 Posts
I'm still waiting for the "Deer Impact Test". I'm sure they can simulate a robotic deer in the headlights.

The basic rule is not to swerve to try to avoid impact, but to "RAM". Try that in a Smart Car.

As for hitting a moose, total write off. There's no car, suv or light truck surviving that one. They stand too high off the ground.

There’s a Moose on the Road! Do You Know What to Do?
“When a vehicle hits a moose, the bumper, engine, and built-in crumple zones of the car that are intended to absorb the majority of an impact only hit the thin legs,” explains the Wildlife Roadsharing Resource Centre (WRRC) a project of the Traffic Injury Research Foundation. “The full weight of the moose’s upper body instead impacts the windshield and roof of the vehicle.”
Have you ever noticed highway signs showing to use high beams in moose territory? New Brunswick has them. Try to find one online though.
  • Use your high beams as much as possible. The more you can see the better, but remember to use your high beams responsibly so that you’re not blinding oncoming traffic or those ahead of you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A little bit late but, i'm a father to, and the euroncaptest give 4 stars out 5 rating :

and the escape test is not bad either :
the lightest vehicle experiences the strongest deceleration, and for the european roads, it's a very heavy car.
I apologize to people who drink and drive or write texts or take selfies and who would end up in the wrong way in my lane out of sheer bullshit if I couldn't avoid them.

·
Super Moderator
27,888 Posts
Yes, they are playing mind games with us by leaving out "the rest of the story" with their testing. Then again, they are into marketing of their research/testing. Why not instill fear to market a product? The media is good at that. Mostly performers with an agenda. Soap operas, or services that have a collection plate (viewer hits)?

61 - 65 of 65 Posts