The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the full 10 speaker Infinity audio system with the amplifier into my 2009 GCV, and I never noticed any sort of logo anywhere within the interior that says it is the infinity system on vehicles which are originally equipped so. The only ways to really tell are by looking if you have a speaker grille above the jack storage in the driver side rear quarter panel, if there is a speaker in the forward facing D-pillars, or if there is a speaker in the center dash. Otherwise, only a equipment sheet or asking dodge/Chrysler if it's equipped or not.

I found a 3'd gen van with the infinity system, and on the front door panels it has the infinity logo, but I have not seen any logos anywhere on any 4'th gen vans or any 5'th gen vans. Why is this, is it cost cutting or did they just not care to bother? And how come newer 5'th gen vans don't have them either, I know Chrysler was doing way better after fiat bought them so why still no logo?

The Dodge Journey had the infinity logo on the door panel, and so did ram trucks. Various other Chrysler and Dodge vehicles also have their premium sound system logos around, such as the Boston Acoustics system in the caliber and the Alpine in the Aspen.

These are the logos I grabbed, the "Infinity Acoustic 10" is from a 2000 T&C, and the "Infinity Audio System" Is from a 2002 Ram 1500.

·
Latent car nut
9,235 Posts
Our 2003 DGC ES had branded Infinity speakers.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our 2003 DGC ES had branded Infinity speakers.
I didn't mean the speakers themselves de-branded, I meant the visual door panel piece that says it has the infinity system. My 09 speakers have the Chrysler logo and the infinity logo on the magnets, but no visual logos any where on the interior that say infinity.

·
Latent car nut
9,235 Posts
Understood, our 2003 had door panel speakers branded as Infinity.

Reactions: Michalb

·
3rd gen > all others
3,471 Posts
Probably more cost-cutting. The early 4th gens did have them, but only up to 2002 or 2003. My 2004 does not, even though it is the Limited model with everything. They probably never thought to put the emblems back.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
698 Posts
I might also be a contractual agreement between Chrysler/FCA and Infinity . I mean there is a lot of aftermarket companies that supply various components to our vehicles .

Such as maybe Chrysler/FCA paid Infinity enough to use their system that they did have to display the name . I dunno I'm just saying . Who knows what goes on in the corporate world 😃

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably more cost-cutting. The early 4th gens did have them, but only up to 2002 or 2003. My 2004 does not, even though it is the Limited model with everything. They probably never thought to put the emblems back.
I know there was cost cutting around that time also, such as the removal of one of the gate interior lights, and the door air vent removal and so on. Same in 2007-2009, Chrysler was struggling during that time as well. But they put the logo on other vehicles, like ram trucks and dodge journeys. Odd.
I might also be a contractual agreement between Chrysler/FCA and Infinity . I mean there is a lot of aftermarket companies that supply various components to our vehicles .

Such as maybe Chrysler/FCA paid Infinity enough to use their system that they did have to display the name . I dunno I'm just saying . Who knows what goes on in the corporate world 😃
Maybe, so would it be reserving the logo for the individual vehicle lines or would it be just have the license for all the vehicles in a specific timeframe? The amplifier in the rear quarter panel says "Digital Sound by Infinity", and they all say that in any 5'th gen with a factory amplifier. The speakers are also branded as Infinity and with the infinity logo.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't know that it was so much cost cutting or not, because as you say I've seen Dodge trucks and Durangos made post 2003 that still have the Boston Acoustics logos on the door panels, and I believe the trucks and other models still have logos on the center dash speaker.

But yeah, it seems after 2003 was when the logos were done away with on the vans. That would make me think maybe it was a licensing thing, because the Infinity logo was the only one that disappeared.

Those oval logos seem hard to find, I can't find them for sale online or through eBay or Amazon. What I would probably do is get some Infinity badges like Kia/Hyundai uses and put those on the door speaker grilles and rear amplifier grille. I have seen those on eBay.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know that it was so much cost cutting or not, because as you say I've seen Dodge trucks and Durangos made post 2003 that still have the Boston Acoustics logos on the door panels, and I believe the trucks and other models still have logos on the center dash speaker.

But yeah, it seems after 2003 was when the logos were done away with on the vans. That would make me think maybe it was a licensing thing, because the Infinity logo was the only one that disappeared.

Those oval logos seem hard to find, I can't find them for sale online or through eBay or Amazon. What I would probably do is get some Infinity badges like Kia/Hyundai uses and put those on the door speaker grilles and rear amplifier grille. I have seen those on eBay.
Yeah. I was just curious why they went away for our vans, if the speakers and amp have the factory infinity logo it's odd there is no logo on the door panels themselves, but I know nothing about licensing. I still find it odd that other vehicle lines the same years as our vans had the logos. Take the 2009 Dodge Journey for example, if it had the infinity system it had the infinity logos on the door panels as well.
Here is a 2009 Dodge Journey with the factory logo:

Here is a 2007 ram 1500 with the infinity logo

I already have a handful of these logos which I had already temporarily installed onto the speaker grilles of my van:

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
698 Posts
Yeah. I was just curious why they went away for our vans, if the speakers and amp have the factory infinity logo it's odd there is no logo on the door panels themselves, but I know nothing about licensing. I still find it odd that other vehicle lines the same years as our vans had the logos. Take the 2009 Dodge Journey for example, if it had the infinity system it had the infinity logos on the door panels as well.
Here is a 2009 Dodge Journey with the factory logo:
View attachment 62430
Here is a 2007 ram 1500 with the infinity logo
View attachment 62431

I already have a handful of these logos which I had already temporarily installed onto the speaker grilles of my van:
View attachment 62432
View attachment 62433

Well brand names and logos are copyrighted materials and highly protected. These companies must be careful . Especially in today's society everyone's sue happy

Lawyers get rich . Ill just bet there's a logical legal legitimate reason for badges and logos not being displayed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts