The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a diagram for a 6 pin(at the window motor) .I ordered a 6 pin from parts G33k and the sent me a 2 pin. I reached out to them and I was told that since it was installed I would have to buy a new one. I would like to convert the 6 pin to a 2 pin . Thanks!

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pin out
1 thick or/wh
2 blank
3 thick or/gr
4 bl/red
5 or.
6 or/wh.

I plugged in 1 and 3 and the motor moves in increments. I have to press the button 8 times in either direction to fully close or open window but at least it works .

· Registered
3,009 Posts
They got it wrong and they are going to stick it to you??
Hello VISA, I'm having trouble with an online vendor...

Reactions: KOG

· Registered
3,009 Posts
Pin out
1 thick or/wh
2 blank
3 thick or/gr
4 bl/red
5 or.
6 or/wh.

I plugged in 1 and 3 and the motor moves in increments. I have to press the button 8 times in either direction to fully close or open window but at least it works .
You may be better off trying to revive the old motor, Unless there was a reason for it to stop working (damage, water intrusion, etc) it was likely just worn out. AND most of the time it will be the brushes are worn down.

Start working on the old one you were going to toss in the bin and see if you can figure out how to open it up.
The brushes on an electric motor are usually on the end opposite the gear end.

· Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
585 Posts
They sent you a 2 pin? That does sound like their fault and they owe you a replacement.

I made the mistake of buying the wrong one. I bought from amazon.-- make sure it is the 6 pin.
As I recall both those motors were the same and same mounting holes, just different connectors.

· Registered
3,009 Posts
My friend has a brand new 6 pin window motor for his 2013 5th gen driver front window. When we replaced the window regulator last month (broken cable), I advised him to reinstall the OEM Bosch window motor rather than install the aftermarket motor.

It wasn't all that expensive if I remember correctly $40?

· Registered
19 Posts
Any one have a diagram for a 6 pin(at the window motor) .I ordered a 6 pin from parts G33k and the sent me a 2 pin. I reached out to them and I was told that since it was installed I would have to buy a new one. I would like to convert the 6 pin to a 2 pin . Thanks!
These Dodge vans have wear problems with the drivers side window switch. I had too replace mine last month, motor was fine.

· Registered
98 Posts
You can buy the complete window regulator with motor for under $90.00 dollars at O`Reilly Auto Parts. Order the right 6 pin and be done with the whole problem. Now fight for your money back if they sent the wrong part. If your motor was bad and everything else is the same age, save yourself the misery of the cable breaking in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts