The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2011 Grand Caravan the trim on the passenger and driver side window is wrinkled where it comes down to the side mirror. See attached picture. Is this common? I've noticed this on other Chrysler vans. Would the dealer be able to fix this under warranty?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have those on my 2012 T&C as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also have that on just my drivers side, pasengers side is fine.... so far...
I think its just part of owning a chrysler product. Im ok with it.
The squeaky brakes however are getting to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have that option as well.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I didn't have that problem on my 2010 and I don't have it on my 2013.

I would absolutely have it into the dealership to get fixed under warranty. That looks like **** and I would NOT let it pass as "Normal"

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I am going to point it out when I take ours to the dealership to get mirror turn signals replaced since the lenses on both sides are gone! See what they say on the wrinkle. Seems like mine is getting loose now and that isn't good if that coating allows moisture to get under there and get trapped.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just noticed my crew is wrinkling. Looking forward to see how chrysler's handles others my 36k is 5k away so I'm going to have to get back since they have not fixed the slamming of the transmission into drive.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looking at mine I notice I also have this optional extra, this sucks as a fault, as it's right in your line of sight when you get in and out of the vehicle.
The same applies to the other side when a passenger gets in and out.

So was this also a feature on Routans as well, or did VW choose not to allow this bad finish issue to become a problem for them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
So do the ones that wrinkle have aftermarket vinyl roofs or what?
Our 2008 is in north Florida and outside 24/7 so it is routinely in weather pushing 100 for several days in a row.
Do not have this issue.

·
Registered
516 Posts
So do the ones that wrinkle have aftermarket vinyl roofs or what?
Our 2008 is in north Florida and outside 24/7 so it is routinely in weather pushing 100 for several days in a row.
Do not have this issue.
Well mine is the same as Chrysler made it, with no vinyl roof just this poorly done vinyl trim they decided to fit, which detracts from the otherwise good finish in that area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had mine in the dealer today for oil/filter tire rotation etc...told them about this wrinkle. My van went to the body shop, they took pictures and are suppose to be forwarding them to Chrysler for authorization to repair this under warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I had mine in the dealer today for oil/filter tire rotation etc...told them about this wrinkle. My van went to the body shop, they took pictures and are suppose to be forwarding them to Chrysler for authorization to repair this under warranty.
My dealer is replacing mine under warranty. I don't know why your's would even be questioned.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dealer is replacing mine under warranty. I don't know why your's would even be questioned.
I heard all the dealers here need prior authorization from Chrysler to complete warranty work and they want pictures of mine. The entire story sounds ridiculous but who knows.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts