The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks and SHHH! I do not speak of the T word
The transmissions are fine, so long as you've been doing the fluid/filter changes at the 15-30k intervals they require. I beat mine on the road, off road, and regularly towed heavy loads behind it, made 205k miles before it finally started giving issues.

As far as snow, well........
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Snow Wheel

Let's just say they won't stop until you have no tires contacting the ground.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Just curious; how do you manage your winter wheels & tires with the TPMS system? Do you have TPMS sensors on your winter tires or no; and if so, do you have to have them programmed to the car?
The TPMS can handle 2 sets of sensors at once.
For mine I just use Schrader sensors, then van reads them immediately when started, so there's no need to screw around with programming or anything.

Just install the winter wheels, start the van, boom, sensors are reading.

Come spring, I'll reinstall my summer wheels, start the van, and boom, sensors will be reading.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That's awesome; I had no idea they auto-synchronize with the vehicle. I always worried if I rotated my own tires, the sensors would think the front tires were the back, and vice-versa. Apparently that's not how that works, and the van figures out which tires are where, correct?
My van does not have the individual tire monitors, only the low pressure system, so for mine it doesn't matter which tire is where.

If your van has the individual tire readouts, then it may matter.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
For me it’s more on road trips 300+ miles if I get a nail in I want to know before I loose all pressure. I had a tire blow out on me and staying on the side of a busy highway 2+hrs was no fun! Had I known that I was loosing pressure I would have got off on the prior exit and parked. That was a hair raising experience for me.
My system tells me when I have a tire going low. Doesn't tell me which tire, but I don't care so long as I know one is suddenly losing air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts