The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us the folks that live in areas where it snows, twice a year we prep our vehicles for the worst weather and with that, this past friday I installed my winter tires on my T&C.

Wheels are 17x7 et 50 with some pacirica sized 235 65 17 tires.

I must say I love the look of steel wheels on any winter set up for any car.
Here are some pictures.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those OEM mud guards? The roads I drive are so nasty my doors are grey and black from the trim line down. Road crews not allowing for asphalt to fully cure before opening roads to traffic has me with black squiggles directly behind my wheels.
Amazon sells mudflaps that are likely made from the OEM molds but they do not have the Chrysler logo on the bottom, which is fine, they were cheap. I have larger ones which I may be switching to because of theis exact reason you mentioned, they don't do a good enough job to protect the sides. I may install them over the OEM ones or remove the OEM and install the new ones which are just large flat pieces.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The tires rock. Not as good as my Quattro on winter tires, after all FWD limitations are there but even on ice road, with the michelin X Ice I was able to take off with gentle throttle without any issues. Most important issue was stopping prior to installation so now the brakes work very well.

Gotta hate all this salt on the roads.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just curious; how do you manage your winter wheels & tires with the TPMS system? Do you have TPMS sensors on your winter tires or no; and if so, do you have to have them programmed to the car?
The wheels and tires came from a Pacifica so they had the wrong sensors. I used my spare tire jack and the hitch on my SUV to release the bead and swap out sensors from a Pacifica which I got on Ebay ((5) NEW OEM 56029398AB 68241067AB CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE TPMS TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR | eBay) for about 50$ for 5 with the proper part numbers. Resealed the tires and installed them, once I drove 1/4 mile the readings all showed up without programming. Likely due to proper part numbers and whatever protocol they use to send the information.

Think of it as if the Pacifica sensors read the information in Spanish, but the T&C can only understand English. I tried manually entering the Pacifica sensor IDs in the T&C computer but it did not matter. Just have to get the right sensors. Tire shop wanted 25$/wheel to install the sensors. In reality it took me around 25min to do all 4 of them.

Part Numbers.
(5) NEW OEM 56029398AB 68241067AB CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE TPMS TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR
2022 BATTERIES!! MADE IN THE USA!!

Black Bicycle part Tool Font Auto part

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's awesome; I had no idea they auto-synchronize with the vehicle. I always worried if I rotated my own tires, the sensors would think the front tires were the back, and vice-versa. Apparently that's not how that works, and the van figures out which tires are where, correct?
Interesting thing, the Front Left read first, followed by FR, then RL and RR. So the system must know where they are sending information from. The module is in around the fuel filler neck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Honestly, I don't care at all. I check my own pressures regularly, so if my low tire light comes on, it's my warning to pull over and check the tires.
For me it’s more on road trips 300+ miles if I get a nail in I want to know before I loose all pressure. I had a tire blow out on me and staying on the side of a busy highway 2+hrs was no fun! Had I known that I was loosing pressure I would have got off on the prior exit and parked. That was a hair raising experience for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts