The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's awesome; I had no idea they auto-synchronize with the vehicle. I always worried if I rotated my own tires, the sensors would think the front tires were the back, and vice-versa. Apparently that's not how that works, and the van figures out which tires are where, correct?
Interesting thing, the Front Left read first, followed by FR, then RL and RR. So the system must know where they are sending information from. The module is in around the fuel filler neck.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That's awesome; I had no idea they auto-synchronize with the vehicle. I always worried if I rotated my own tires, the sensors would think the front tires were the back, and vice-versa. Apparently that's not how that works, and the van figures out which tires are where, correct?
My van does not have the individual tire monitors, only the low pressure system, so for mine it doesn't matter which tire is where.

If your van has the individual tire readouts, then it may matter.

·
Vendor
1,718 Posts
2016 and above is when TMPS sensors became calibrate upon install with all vehicles. I used to oversee a fleet of F150’s and was very happy when that happened, as we swapped wheels and tires for off road work a lot.

when I had snows on my 2012, the low tire light stayed illuminated all winter and we lived with it.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Good thing we don't drive Chevys. They do not auto-update tire positions.

My van does not have the individual tire monitors, only the low pressure system, so for mine it doesn't matter which tire is where.

If your van has the individual tire readouts, then it may matter.
Use AlfaOBD to enable "Premium TPM". It will then show individual read outs.

when I had snows on my 2012, the low tire light stayed illuminated all winter and we lived with it.
I wonder if changing the "Country Code" option to Canada would enable the winter mode, since there's no setting for winter mode itself.

Reactions: IAfarmer

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Honestly, I don't care at all. I check my own pressures regularly, so if my low tire light comes on, it's my warning to pull over and check the tires.
For me it’s more on road trips 300+ miles if I get a nail in I want to know before I loose all pressure. I had a tire blow out on me and staying on the side of a busy highway 2+hrs was no fun! Had I known that I was loosing pressure I would have got off on the prior exit and parked. That was a hair raising experience for me.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For me it’s more on road trips 300+ miles if I get a nail in I want to know before I loose all pressure. I had a tire blow out on me and staying on the side of a busy highway 2+hrs was no fun! Had I known that I was loosing pressure I would have got off on the prior exit and parked. That was a hair raising experience for me.
My system tells me when I have a tire going low. Doesn't tell me which tire, but I don't care so long as I know one is suddenly losing air.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts