The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm curious if anyone has access to the wiring diagram for the Infinity radio and speakers for my 2000 T & C. I'm trying to figure out the polarity and other issues trying to use the factory speaker amps with aftermarket speakers. Just want to make sure I have the polarity right.

Thanks in advance!

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
Do you have a Haynes Manual? It might tell you in there...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately, I do not have a haynes manual. I was hoping someone on here would know of a source for such a diagram.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I have an Alldata diagram for 1999 which is the same. It's not 100% accurate but the amplified speakers schematics is correct. Let me know if you still need it, or I can post the wire colors if that's enough.
Remember to make sure the amplifiers will have sufficient cooling. The factory speakers have massive mounting brackets acting as heat sinks, and there's white heat sink compound where the brackets come in contact with the amplifier chips.
Also I will buy your factory speakers if they are still good and you don't want to keep them. I am upgrading my '99 to Infinity. Bought a '98 set (different plugs, same wiring) with 4 good amps but only 3 good speakers.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The diagrams don't show the polarity but it is indicated in the connector pin-outs. Actual pin-outs will not be needed here so let me just list the wire colors. The information below has been verified when the speaker set I have was bench tested.

Left door:
white/brown left dash speaker feed "+"
brown/white left dash speaker feed "-"
dark green speaker signal "+"
brown/red speaker signal "-"

Left rear:
white/pink left rear tweeter feed "-"
red/yellow left rear tweeter feed "+"
brown/yellow speaker signal "+"
brown/lt. blue speaker signal "-"

Right door:
white/violet right dash speaker feed "+"
vilote/white right dash speaker feed "-"
violet speaker signal "+"
dk. blue/red speaker signal "-"

Right rear:
lt. green/white right rear tweeter feed "-"
lt. blue/black right rear tweeter feed "+"
dk. blue/white speaker signal "+"
dk. blue/orange speaker signal "-"

The eight speaker signal wire colors of course match those seen at the
head unit connectors, Infinity or not.
Plus each of the amplified speakers has power feed for the amplifier.
Black/dk. green is "-" and red/dk. green is "+". Those wires are heavier
gauge than the rest.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now, I have the new speakers hooked up to the old amps. This is not the best situation, and I plan on doing some additional modifications when I get a new head uinit. Rather than re-wiring, I am going to use the imformation you all have provided hear to ensure that the speakers get the correct signal, including the tweeters. If I remove the amp and hook the speakers directly, do I need to put some sort of crossover for the tweeters in back, since they are only meat for upper frequencies? Also. should I replace them with 4ohm units if I am replacing the head unit with a 4ohm aftermarket unit? Right now, I had thought the speakers I got were 2 ohm, but apparently not. The amps are currently mounted alongside the speakers, with plenty of air circulation around them to help with cooling. The speakers are in ok condition except for the front doors. those were showing signs of failure as they were popping and making a terrible noise at upper bass volumes. If anyone wants them I can package them up...make me an offer! :) I have the two door units(one has a torn terminal blade) two dash, and the two 6x9 rear speakers. I may decide to include the rear tweeters as well, depending if I can rewire them or not.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Ideally, the crossovers would be needed. In fact, on 1996-97 models the non-powered speakers are fed directly from the radio and have crossovers mounted on them. For rear tweeters, it's just in-series capacitors to cut off the low range, and the front 2-way speakers have capacitors and resistors. The DC resistance of the Infinity speakers, measured at the terminals, is 3 Ohm. This is true for all 8 speakers.
Aftermarket 3-Ohm speakers are available from Orion, if it helps.
Funny you say the door speakers are going bad. In my set, it's also a door speaker that needs replacement. The seller means to send another speaker but has hard time finding one. Maybe I should trust him on that. I made some progress towards converting to Infinity, just as a hobby project, but now I am more and more inclined to simply install quality aftermarket speakers. Then I'd sell what I have for spare parts: you know how much those speakers cost at a dealer (even at a "wholesale to the public" price).

·
500 Post Club Member
570 Posts
Hi all. I'm curious if anyone has access to the wiring diagram for the Infinity radio and speakers for my 2000 T & C. I'm trying to figure out the polarity and other issues trying to use the factory speaker amps with aftermarket speakers. Just want to make sure I have the polarity right.

Thanks in advance!
The Infinity system is a expensive deal but also Great.
I sure wish I had that system in my 2005.
I'm not sure it's easy to do what you are trying to do.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
It's the same diagram as already posted by Chrysler Tech, although there is another picture showing the front speakers (doors and dash). But it is that picture which is incorrect: it shows the dash speakers connecting to both the door speakers and the head unit, but in fact there only two wires at each speaker, coming from the doors. So the wire colors given above show the connections at all 8 speakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.