The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My limited was in a crash and as a result the repair shop used halogen headlights to fix it. I sourced some projector HID headlights to bring it back to OEM spec however the lamps arrived and I was not happy with the condition or output of the factory xenon projectors which are E55 Hella.

at first I was going to swap in an RS6Bi-Xenon projector however on further inspection it’s likely best to use an upgraded aftermarket projector like the EVOX-R 2.0 which is a direct bolt on unit. But as everything else I touch the lenses are junk so I’m going to use the aftermarket headlights that came with my car to build a nearly new OEM set up.
The photos below are with the OEM unit removed. No saving that as it has to be cut out of the lamp. For the next lamp I’ll try to remove the lens and then extract it. The new projectors will be installed prior to lens install however they can be removed from the rear as they are smaller than the OEM units.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Tread

Kitchen appliance Kitchen utensil Tableware Drinkware Home appliance

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,980 Posts
Great! I'm following as I think I'll be upgrading mine in the near future too, although I'm thinking of trying a LED projector instead, such as the Morimoto PR325 M-LED projector.

Here's a video comparison done by the "TheRetrofitSource", they compare a few different projectors, including the evo XR 2.0 at 8:58 and the M-LED at 11:51. Both are going to be worlds better then our HID projectors that's for sure!

·
Super Moderator
6,576 Posts
I'm surprised that they were able to plug in the halogen lights into a Limited with factory HIDs.

Only advice I would give for the aftermarket headlight lens is to make sure you put a UV coating on it, as the aftermarket headlight lenses tend to yellow quickly in my experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts