The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had fixed my issue with the xenon headlights on my 2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager. When I unlock the car they both light up properly. But when I start the car only one of them works. I have swapped bulbs so nothing wrong with the actual bulb. Could this be a wiring issue? Any ideas how I can diagnose why the right side light won't work when driving?

Car Vehicle Daytime Photograph Grille

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would disable the lights on when unlocking the car, the Xenon systems do not like hot re-start and a lot of times with aging equipment this can happen.

The Bulbs on these is I beleive D1S, you can convert to a D2S but need the D1S adapters and new bulbs. Age of the bulbs does this sometimes too. They turn blue/purple at the end of their life and the biggest contributor to aging is on/off cycles. They love to turn on and stay on for a long time but short bursts of warm up consumes the salts inside the capsules and then the bulbs get dimmer and eventually die.

An easy fix would be to get some reflector Halogen housings off amazon and LED bulbs and you will have even better light output and none of these problems.

I am a xenon fan but for my van I chose to go with OEM housings BLACK and LED bulbs, the output kills any HID-equipped system out there and the cost of the bulbs is rather cheap compared to xenon equipment, ballast, igniter, bulb etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts